Height: 15 3/4 in. (40 cm.)
Religious statuary was a major part of the output of white porcelains at Chantilly. A holy water font of this description was mentioned in the factory’s inventory of June 25, 1754. A comparable example is pictured in Geneviève le Duc, Porcelaine tendre de Chantilly au XVIIIe siècle, Paris, 1996, p. 202 and is now in the collection of the Cité de la céramique at Sèvres.