Sèvres biscuit group of a dog pointing two partridges

Sèvres biscuit group of a dog pointing two partridges

Code: MB758

POA

Circa 1757–66

Soft-paste biscuit porcelain

Length: 8 7/8 in. (22.5 cm.), width: 5 1/8 in. (13 cm.)

Marks: incised F for Étienne-Maurice Falconet

 

The group of the hound pointing pheasants is taken from a painting by Oudry, Blanche, chienne de Louis XV, en arrêt devant un faisan. This was painted for Louis XV in 1724 and was at the Château de Compiègne from 1732 until the French Revolution. It remained in the national collections and was returned to Compiègne in 1956.